This course is an introduction to mental health to raise awareness of how important it is to the workplace. The course provides an overview of mental health problems, outlining some of the symptoms and effects, and explains what you can do to help colleagues feel supported and encouraged.
The course aims to promote positive mental health and demonstrate how easy it can be for employers to make adjustments in order to encourage tolerance and understanding in the workplace.
This course will include the following:
- The mental health continuum
- Myths about mental health
- The relationship between mental wellbeing and diagnosis
- Symptoms of mental distress
- The stigma surrounding mental health
- Strategies to support mental health at work
- Suggestions on who can offer advice about mental health in the workplace
Who is this course aimed at?
People who could benefit from this course on raising mental health awareness in the workplace include:
- Managers, particularly line managers, to better support their team members.
- Staff working in HR departments, to gain a better understanding of how to support staff at all levels within the organisation.
- Employees at every level, in order to gain more empathy towards other members of staff who may be going through hard times in terms of their mental health.
- This course though is really suitable for anyone to do.
- This course is approximately 2/2.5 hours
This course is facilitated via Microsoft Teams. Login details will be provided once registration is completed.
You will need to ensure you have the following:
- Access to laptop or PC
- Access to Microsoft Teams (Logins will be provided once registration completed)
- Internet Access